Tuesday, August 16, 2011

96. Go Fishing

I don't remember the last time I went fishing.  I am going to guess it could be close to 20 years ago.  It's been awhile.

While we were in North Carolina we took a turn at going fishing.  It didn't go great.  We caught no fish.  The minnows were nipping at our bait, but that was about it.


 Charlie enjoyed looking in the water for the little fish.
 Josh saved the day by spotting crabs that were within reach of the nets.  We grabbed 3 of them out of the water.  Catching them involved sliding your head through the slats on the deck and reaching down into the water.  At one point I thought I was stuck.  But at least our fishing time wasn't a complete failure.
 This is before when the kids still thought the crabs were pets or something to play with.
 Josh butchering the crabs.  There wasn't much to eat, but we did get a taste.

I still want to go fishing and actually catch a fish, but I am counting this one done.

13 goals down!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm really glad you had a nice time in NC! Since I never took you fishing, I can only guess about when, but I do know you went fishing quite a bit on the Illinois River when we lived in Spring Valley. You were 3,4,and 5 when we lived there. No wonder you may not remember that! I love you, EP!