Friday, November 9, 2012

55. I passed my comps!

This means very little to most, but I just got this letter in the mail yesterday.



This summer I worked on my comprehensive exam for the program.  This required me doing the equivelant of 3 research papers over a two week timeframe.  It was as fun as it sounds. 

I am officially "intellectually mature!"  That means nothing, but what this letter does mean is that I am now considered to be ABD.  That means that I have finished most of the requirements of the program and now just have to complete my dissertation.  That is no easy task, but the last 3 years haven't really been that easy either.

Getting this letter is an incredible weight off my shoulders.  The other letter that could have come would have told me that I would need to redo the exam and do one to three of those papers again.  I am so happy that I don't have to do that!

This isn't a goal down, but it is a step in that direction.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yay,Eric!!!!!!! Again, I'm sooooo proud of you!!!!!!!!