Sunday, June 3, 2012

49. One year down

It has been one year since I started working on this list.  Last summer I got off to a really fast start, but lately I haven't been able to get too many things done.  One thing has been consistent over the whole year.  I have been reading.  I know for a fact that if I didn't put reading goals onto my first list, I wouldn't be the reader that I am now.
Over the past year I have started and finished 41 books. I have kept a running list on the left column of the blog as well as keeping track here and here. That honestly may be more books than I had read in my whole life before beginning my first list of goals. I am thankful to be able to get just about any book from my school library, the Aurora Public Library, or from Aurora University.  If none of those libraries have it then I have had a lot of success with interlibrary loans.  If I would have had to purchase all of those books I know that I wouldn't have gotten through that many books.
I can credit Melissa for a lot of my reading by introducing me to a website called goodreads.com.  The site is great because it lets you keep track of all of the books you have read, are reading, and want to read.  It is nice to be able to hear someone talk about a book and add it to the list.  Another cool feature of the site is that it gives recommendations for books based on previous books that you read.
Now that I have read 42 books in the first year, I am curious if I can read 100 before this list will be over.  I'm guessing I can do it.
As for my real goals that I have written down, I am hoping to finish 7 this month.  Hopefully I can get that number.

No comments: