Many people have seen most of these movies, but I had not seen them before. The way I picked these movies was just based on movies that I had heard people talk about that I hadn't seen.
Here's the list:
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Watching this movie was a waste of
time. I have friends that have talked about this movie and it seems as
though there is a cult following to this movie. There were a few
quotable moments, but overall it is a really stupid movie.
2. Blues Brothers - "We're on a mission from God." I have heard that
line and know that it is from this movie, but I never knew the context
or really what the movie was all about. Now I do.
3. Rocky - This is the first Rocky movie I have ever seen. I knew very
little about the movie. Yes, I knew it was about boxing and that he
fights Apollo Creed and that his girlfriend's name is Adrian, but I
didn't realize he was so dumb. I guess that is to be expected when
Sylvester Stallone is doing the acting.
4. The Godfather - I listen to the guys on ESPN Radio quote lines from
this movie quite often. It was a pretty good movie. Now I know those
lines in context.
5. Gone with the Wind - Did you know that this movie is 3 hours and 52
minutes? I didn't until I popped it in then looked up online to see how
long it was. It is a fun historical movie to watch. 10 Oscars! As I
said in the past, for a movie to win an Oscar it has to be long. I'm
glad I watched it.
6. Dirty Harry - "You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" Decent movie.
7. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Funny at parts, but some pretty corny lines.
8. Chinatown - On an ESPN radio show they said that this movie was
probably one of Jack Nicholson's best. I watched to find out if they
were right. The movie was ok.
9. Escape from Alcatraz - Another classic that I remember Mythbusters
doing a show on to see if they could escape the same way that the guys
in the movie escaped. Myth confirmed.
10. Jaws - Good movie. Boy does Richard Dreyfuss look young in this movie!
49 goals down!