Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Entry/January 27th

Today was a really cold day. I don't know how to describe it but let's just say I checked the weather channel before I left and it was 3°.
I started off my run without stretching or drinking any water. Looking back, that wasn't the best way to start off, but it didn't get me down during my run and I made it the whole way.
I had routes known from the summer to know how far things were so I just started running with a mileage goal and just counted my blocks as I went around. I wanted to run by the Fordham house (the house that I grew up in) but just didn't want to get too far away from home. I didn't know if I was going to break down and need to head right home for any reason.
As I was running today, my mind was wandering. I don't have an MP3 player or anything to entertain me while I am out running. As I run, I think. During my time of thinking I thought of my friend Jay from church and prayed for him. He's my prayer partner in our small group and I knew he had some things he wanted prayer for. I prayed for him and for our small group.
The funniest thing that happened today was that I was running, I checked over my shoulder to see if anything was behind me and saw stalagmites growing on my shoulder from the sweat rising off my body. I was sad to go inside at the end of the run knowing that they would melt and wouldn't come back until the next time I ran in 3° weather.

No comments: