Monday, July 18, 2011

101. Play golf at Edgebrook

Today wasn't the most ideal day at 90+ degrees, but Casey and I still made it out.

Edgebrook is a course that I played a lot back when I played during high school.  It seemed like each season we played there at least 3 or 4 times for matches or tournaments.  It had been awhile since I had played there and I wanted to go back.  I figured adding this to the list would ensure that I would make the drive out to Sandwich to play one more time.


As you can tell, no one else felt like playing today.  It is 2:00 and there were only about 10 cars in the parking lot.  That includes employees and the people who were eating in the restaurant.  Needless to say, the course was pretty empty.  Empty enough that I didn't even have to sneak into the trees to go to the bathroom.  We saw only three other groups of golfers in our entire time out on the course.  It was wonderful.

I'm glad I went out there. The course was in really good shape and was just as I remembered.  I didn't play great, but for how often I get out to play I really don't care how I end up as long as I can get out.

Goal #9 done!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Maybe the golf course was empty because everyone else wasn't CRAZY! I love you, EP!