Monday, November 14, 2011

61. Watch all of the Harry Potter movies

Last spring I read all of the Harry Potter books.  Over the summer I watched the first 7 Harry Potter movies. I had wanted to see the last movie at the theater but I didn't have the heart to ask Melissa to give up a precious date night to watch a movie that she didn't have much any connection to. It turned out to be the right choice.  Friday was the release date of the DVD, and Melissa and I got to watch it together.  Melissa was a trooper watching with me and trying to keep up with what was happening throughout the movie.
I was sad after finishing the books, but I have been revived with my finding of the Percy Jackson Series that has plenty of similarities to Harry Potter.  I have read the first five books of that series. There are a couple more books to read from that series that I am sure that I will get to in the next year.
Who knew books could be exciting and interesting?

19 goals down!

2 comments:

Mom said...

LOL! I saw the first movie before I read any of the books and hated it. After being forced to read the book for a class, I found out what I had been missing. As I've said before: the book is always better than the movie. Riordan has other series out too! I can direct you to a number of "can't keep them on the shelf in middle school libraries" books!

Eric Weis said...

Yeah Mom,
I am not sure if I am going to read The Red Pyramid or The Lost Hero next. I am going to take a small break from those books to read some other stuff, but you are right, they are good books.