Thursday, January 19, 2012

60. Get and solve a 6X6 Rubik’s cube

I got this for Christmas. It is pretty close to the 4x4 and 5x5 with a few more things to get caught up by. As Matt told me, it ups my nerd status having this thing, but I enjoy it.  My students at school think they are cool too.  That's enough for me.  I currently have about 5 or 6 of my students that can solve the regular cube with 4 or 5 that are fairly close to being able to solve it. 

Check out this collection.  Today at school I asked for everyone that had a cube to put theirs on the table in class.  There are 23 cubes there and I had 7 kids that told me that they left their cube at home.


This is a picture of me with Luke, one of my students.  He was one of the first to be able to solve the cube and he has been a big fan since he started. I am trying to show him how to solve some of the bigger ones. There are some complicated steps with them that either take a long time to teach, or I don't completely know how to explain.  So we aren't there quite yet.


Here it is solved. There have been some steps that took me awhile to get down.  After messing around a little bit with it I was able to scramble it around and get it right.  There are faster ways to get it solved than I did, but I did get it done.  I'm guessing if I scramble it up it would take me about 30 minutes of uninterrupted time to solve.


After I solved it, first I took a picture, then I started mixing it around in different patterns.


From start to finish for me I am guessing it will take me about a half hour of uninterrupted time.  The world record is under 2 minutes!  This guy is flying.



26 goals done!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I bet your kids love you and really learn a lot in your class. Great job on the cube!

Unknown said...

this very easy

ikhasands75.student.ipb.ac.id/