Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Reflection to the past

I spent some time this morning going over some of my old blog posts. I stayed home from school yesterday because I just couldn't talk without pain. I had this happen in the spring and wanted to read my post from back then that I wrote. I knew the doctor told me to just take tylenol and advil in 2 hour intervals, I just wanted to see what else was going on at that time. I have to say, after reading some of my posts to find the one when I was sick, I was humbled. I was on fire for God at that time. Every day I was reading my Bible and looking for ways in which God had had an effect on my life. Today, I'm not doing those same things. I got out of the practice when I was not running and when the summer started. Those two things gave me consistency in each day and they gave me my chance to be with God each day. I was reading over some of the posts that I wrote and was sad to think that I got out of that habit. It was a great thing! I am not saying that I am going to be running daily again, but I do need to find a way to have time to myself with God on a regular basis again. Another thing that I did back then was think with the purpose for journaling. I find myself thinking about what to post on this blog based on my list. It is true that this blog has lived on because of the list. I would not find myself writing these words if I didn't create that list. I need to find an outlet to get my daily spiritual thoughts back into my writing. It was at that time that I was enjoying my time reading the Bible and reflecting on the things that God has given me.
To some readers this will make this blog more interesting as a place to look for challenges in your lives. To others, it may not. Overall, I would like this blog to be a place that I can reflect on my spiritual journey as well as accomplishing my goals. Those two things can go together.

5 comments:

Tyler N said...

Get better soon Eric.

Eric Weis said...

It can be hard to stay in the routine of spending daily time with God even though it shouldn't be, huh? It's especially hard to not let the "emotions" or the "high" be what drives our time with God. I'll try to help hold you accountable - you keep helping me.
Melis

The Weis Family said...

by the way ... you seriously need to start signing out because it is confusing whenever I leave a comment and your name appears.

Matt said...

Go for it Eric... Also, has anybody else recommended increasing your font size? It's tough for me to read in my old age.

Eric Weis said...

Well if you had a computer that had a screen bigger than 7" that might help. Just a suggestion. I hope the increase in font size has helped you.