Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Paper is Done!!! (for now) A Nation at Risk


Well I just finished (almost) my first major paper for my program. Major means that it is 40% of my grade. The almost means that I will most likely need to make revisions to it. (We turn the paper in, the professor grades it and hands it back with notes telling what needs to be adjusted and recommendations for further reading to include into the paper. Although annoying, it's a good practice to make sure that you get as much as you can out of each assignment.) The paper was on a report from 1983 titled A Nation at Risk which had a pretty big impact on educational reform. Nothing too interesting, but still it was a big deal when it came out. I used 13 sources. 13! I used each one and read as much as I could out of each one.
I know, another boring post, but I had to at least include some of my progress to share what was going on with me. I want to get a goal done, but find that my time is pretty monopolized with getting acquainted with Charlie, taking care of the girls, and reading/writing for my classes. All good things, just roadblocks for getting some of my goals accomplished.
If you want to read the report (mom), here's the link for it. A prize goes to whoever can get it done in one sitting without falling asleep.

1 comment:

Mom said...

What's the prize? I read it in one sitting and I'm still awake! Good information, Eric. I do wish that someone would figure out how to "fix" the schools. It shouldn't be that hard! If you haven't submitted the paper yet, I could help you with a couple of minor errors. I love you very much and am very proud of you!