Sunday, June 8, 2008

First run of the training

I got out yesterday for my first run after the marathon. I took a week off to sleep in and just not have to run for awhile. It felt alright to get out and run again. As I have said earlier, I want to improve my speed. For my run, it was a lot hotter than I am used to. Training for the marathon always had cool mornings for runs which meant I didn't sweat a lot or have too much difficulty worrying about heat. For my run yesterday, I left and it was 72 degrees. It was pretty tough just due to the heat. I got out and went at a pace that was quite quick for what I am used to. I ran my first mile in 7:10. I wasn't sprinting, but I really was working at quickening my pace. After that mile I didn't feel so hot. I ran for about another half mile then walked for a bit. My breathing was pretty hard and I needed to drink pretty bad. For the entire 3 mile run, I finished in 24 minutes. I thought that was ok because I walked for quite a bit. I felt down a bit, but I know that this is an 8 week training schedule. I shouldn't expect to do the best time right away. My only hope is that my time will improve over this training. If not, I will just have exercised that much more. That isn't a bad thing. We'll see how this goes.

No comments: