Monday, June 2, 2008

What's next?

I began this blog as a way to keep myself accountable during my training for the marathon. Now that I have done that, what's next? As of right now I only have one race on my schedule. It is on Wednesday July 30th in the evening. It is a 5K. I am going to spend my time doing some speed training to try to get my best time possible. I am thinking that I could possibly get my time under 20 minutes. Possible? I don't know. I do know that without speed training I got it into the 22 minute range. I am sure that if I focus my energy in the next two months toward speed that there is a chance that I can cut a minute off each mile. Especially since I will not have to worry about messing up my marathon training at a 10 minute mile. This is a lofty goal, but I figure I need a goal to be able to shoot for. I will keep this blog going during that time.

No comments: