Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Boy

Awhile back, I failed to write about a book that I finished. The title is "Boy" by Roald Dahl. He's the Willy Wonka guy. The story is his autobiography about his life growing up until he is in his 20s. It is a good look into the life of a boy who grew up in England. He went to boarding schools and was, in his words, quite an athlete. He was a fighter pilot in WWII. He had tons of adventures that helped to give him experiences to write on.
Overall, it was a good book with plenty of interesting experiences. I learned that I was really glad that I didn't go to a boarding school with him. His descriptions of life in those schools during that time sound horrible!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What age level is this book? Would middle school or high school kids like it, or is it just for little kids?

Eric Weis said...

I think middle school kids would like it. High school...no. It gives a lot of stories about Roald's life growing up that he used in creating his books.