Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Year Resolution

I don't make resolutions at the beginning of a year. I think it is weird. I think if people have something that they need to work on over a period of time, they should start it now, not at the beginning of each year. (Assuming I am not writing this at the beginning of a year)
I started this list of goals because there were things that I have wanted to do or things that I have needed to work on. I wanted to get them down and started at the time I came up with the idea, not wait until the new year came to begin them. These are my resolutions, not something that I pick to do on a certain day and hope that I stay with it.
For those of you that have just made some resolutions, stick to them, write them down, and tell someone that you have made a resolution. Use those people to help you out with accountability. That is the way to make sure you can get the goal accomplished. Without this blog and people checking in to make sure progress is made, I know I wouldn't be able to accomplish these goals on my own. Thanks everyone for checking in on me.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Eric, You're right about Jan. 1 not being the right day to start goals. For example, the Farmer's Almanac says the best day in January to start a diet to lose weight is the 13th. So, that's when I'll begin. I do have a goal to lose weight this year. I won't be specific here. I love you and am very proud of you.