Saturday, January 24, 2009

A lame post

I watched two movies last week. As I am getting more of the Academy Award winners watched, I am realizing that I don't know what it takes to make a good movie. I watched Out of Africa and Forrest Gump. First off, Forrest Gump is a movie that I could probably quote start to finish with only a few mistakes. I enjoy that movie and could find myself watching it over and over. Out of Africa wasn't as much of an attention grabber to me. I've talked with a few people that have seen it and liked it, but I don't know what I was missing. I'm glad I watched it, but I don't know what made it the best movie of 1985.
I've got 7 of the 29 movies I have to watch done. Next on the list is Amadeus from 1984. We'll see what that one has in store for me.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Eric,
Ironically, Out of Africa showed up this week for free on On Demand. I watched about 20 minutes of it and quit. I saw it when it first came out and liked it because Robert Redford was in it. I don't think I'll waste anymore time on it. I really wish you would skip 1991. Way too much evil that doesn't need to be in anyone's mind. I love you!

Matt said...

No such thing as a lame post. Oh wait - I read it again... it is pretty lame. This looks like a fun goal... it's an excuse to watch movies. We hardly see movies any more. Mom, if you think Silence of the Lambs is bad, wait till Eric sees No Country for Old Men. Very scary - but good!

Eric Weis said...

Mom, I'll get 1991 out of the way soon, just so you don't have to worry about it anymore.