Thursday, March 19, 2009

19. Find 1 food to make well

Melissa and I have decided that this goal can be crossed off. I wrote a couple of weeks ago about reading a book on grilling. I have taken that knowledge and have put it to good use. I have probably made 5 meals on the grill in the last few weeks. The main thing I have made (4 out of 5 of those meals) has been hamburgers. Aside from the one day I cooked in the pitch dark night, they have turned out great. I actually like grilling. I am getting a good hang for it and feel like I know what I am doing, or going to do, when I fire up the grill. If there is anyone out there who is interested in eating a burger when you come over, just give me the heads-up and I will have it all together. I may even grill up a side dish or two to go along with it!
I will state that I have a propane grill and have no clue how to start up a charcoal grill. That wasn't my goal, nor is it one I think I need to master. As long as Matt is around when I need to start a fire, I'm in good shape!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I can absolutely vouch for you that you make the best hamburgers ever! You can make them for me anytime I come to visit. I'll never get tired of them! I love you EP!

Matt said...

I want one of your hamburgers next time we're there for a meal...

Eric Weis said...

Come for a visit and I'll make them for you.