Friday, March 6, 2009

Free Throws

Yep, it's that time of year again. The P.E. classes at our school are back to being outside and I can shoot hoops during my free period. My session of shooting today did not start off good. I missed the first three and was beginning to grow nervous. I made 3 or 4 in a row and then missed one, that was pretty much the trend for awhile. I went on one streak and made 9, missed one, then made another 6. That was the best streak I had. I shot for about 10 minutes. It felt good to be back in the gym moving around during the day. While this goal might not be attained so easily, I like it because I get to be active during the day and get my blood flowing. I'm going to keep trying. If anything big happens, I will keep you all posted.
Matt, I know you think this goal is a crazy one and won't be attained. I think about you while I shoot and get motivated by you to get myself into the gym and keep trying. You don't need to comment about my inability to put a substantial streak of made shots together and how I won't get this goal. You also don't need to comment "White Castle" anymore. I think Mom and I are going to go there tonight to give it a try. I'll keep you posted on how that goes as well.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Keep practicing, Eric... you CAN do this!

Mom said...

Eric, You can do anything you set your heart on and then practice until you achieve it. You WILL accomplish this goal.
PS Were you planning on drugging, handcuffing, blindfolding, dragging, and driving me to WC?? (I can't say the real name.)That's the only way I would go there (unless it was a family outing, of course!)

JRev said...

I would be happy if I could make one.