Saturday, May 21, 2011

101. Go out and celebrate finishing 100 goals

I know I didn't finish the 100 goals (yet). We had a garage sale this weekend and got rid of a lot of stuff.  We were lucky enough this weekend to have my Mom come down to hang out with us for the weekend to help out with the kids.

With her here we were able to go out with friends to see a movie.  While this may not be a huge deal, for Melissa and me it is.  Since the girls were born 3 1/2 years ago I have gone to the movie theater twice.  If that isn't a celebration, I don't know what is.

To break the movie streak we saw Bridesmaids.  If you can get passed the language and a few awkward parts it was a pretty good movie.

It was so nice to go out with friends and not worry about what was going on at home.  Thanks again Mom for watching the kids.  Even if you did have what you called, "The worst ten minutes of your life."

Also, as I mentioned before, I ran Tecumseh Marathon and the Birmingham Marathon without using a wildcard on them.  I know I didn't consider it earlier, but I am making it count for running a 5K in 20:30 and for the High School Play.  Both of those weren't able to be finished due to scheduling, sickness, and lack of motivation.

I know my time is over, but it is just too hard to have a list not finished.  I will get this list finished, plus, I plan on finishing up my next list and get going on it.  I currently have 70 some goals.  If you want to try your hand at making a list and trying to get them done you will find that after you get somewhere around 25 written down they start to get really tough to come up with. If you are really serious about putting a list together that you want to do Matt has a post on how to make a good list that you will be able to check things off from and also to have fun while doing. I'm trying to get creative and trying to really find things that I want to do.  It isn't a good feeling having a list of things to do that you don't really want to complete.  That happens too often in other parts of our lives.  This is supposed to be fun right!

Again, Thanks everyone for looking at this blog.  I write this stuff for myself and use the blog to keep track of my goals.  For those of you who read and comment I really appreciate you!  Without you, I know the accountability to get my goals would have been lost and I would have most likely have stopped at around 30.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Eric Paul, I DID love spending time with the family! We had a lot of fun and some tender moments. Your comment about the ten minutes will make me laugh out loud for a long time. I highly respect and admire Melissa and you for doing what you do every single day. 3 kids 3 and under plus a sick doggy is a major challenge for an old grandma!