Wednesday, July 29, 2009

61. Visit every park in Aurora

Tonight I had the girls while Melissa went out with friends from church. I took care of dinner, then went over to visit our neighbor Sharyn. I then thought it would be nice to go out for a jog. So, I strapped the girls into the stroller, put on my running shoes and headed out. There is a park that is about 3/4 of a mile away so I went out fast. (I know, not that far away, but the girls can't take too much in the stroller.) I headed over to Wilder Park. It is the front park just in front of the current Aurora Police Station. This is more of a grassy area than a park, but it was nice to walk around there. I found out that Wilder is the last name of the guy that donated a bunch of land to the city back in the 1800s. He build the first school and was a major businessman that helped to get the city of Aurora started. He was also a veteran from the War of 1812. Now that's the kind of information that I will really never need in my life! Here are a few pictures from the trip tonight:



Here the girls are in front of the Vietnam Memorial.


This is what Maddie's "Cheese" face looks like. You've gotta love it!

Wilder Park is absolutely nothing special, but it is a well kept park that serves as the front lawn of the Police station. 3 more parks to go. I'm hoping to get to all of them before the school year starts. 3 weeks left!

2 comments:

JRev said...

Parks are the best!

Mom said...

I'm sure the girls loved the new scenery on their walk. You're a wonderful Daddy!