Wednesday, July 15, 2009

81. See all of the Oscar winning best picture movies from my lifetime (back to 1981)


I'm done!
This goal took me awhile to complete. It was definitely not one that could be done in a day. I have had plenty of posts so far: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
I just finished watching Silence of the Lambs. After watching for a few minutes, I realized I had watched it before, but I had to watch it as I have watched each movie including ones I had seen before.
While I know it generated a lot of controversy in the discussions so far on this blog, but the movie wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It did have some pretty scary parts. I will admit, I wasn't totally excited about taking Sammy outside after the movie, but I wasn't as freaked out as I had expected.
I'm glad this goal is done. I saw a bunch of movies that I am happy I got to see, but there were definitely some that I could care less if I ever hear about again in my life.
Another goal down!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad you finished this goal, Eric! Which was your favorite movie?

Eric Weis said...

Favorite? Taking out ones I had seen before, I would say surprisingly Ghandi was my favorite. I like the history to it. For movies altogether I would say Gladiator/Forest Gump get the tie for favorite.