Sunday, July 12, 2009

55. Go camping

It's been awhile. Matt has told me that a bunch of times. This isn't the first time it has happened in this blog's history. I've been busy. I'm going to try to see if I can get more posts up this week. We'll see.

I didn't really mention in my last post that I had gone camping. I think as I was doing it, that I didn't even realize that I was accomplishing it as I was doing it. On the canoe trip, we camped out three times. The first was on a walking trail just off the river. It was a rough night as we were pretty near a major road that had plenty of truck traffic.
Here's a picture of Mike cooking up breakfast at our first spot. One night down!

The second night was a little more adventurous as we thought we had a place, but they told us we couldn't stay there. So what did we do? We stayed there anyway. Luckily, it didn't bring up any problems and no one talked to us.

The last night was my most favorite as I got to go to Judson College/University for the night. They were incredibly hospitable there. We got showers, dinner, entertainment (television in the Commons building) and a safe place to sleep (campus safety told us where we could stay and were very willing to help with anything we may have needed.)Here's our spot at Judson. Nicely tucked between some bushes and right next to the creek.

I know, I reused pictures, and I am not in them, but it's what I've got.

While I know this wasn't the most typical camping trip, it was camping. Hopefully I can get out sometime to do the typical camping experience. You know, the kind where you cook hotdogs over the fire and roast smores. That time may come, but until then, this goal is done!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It's nice you can accomplish two for one goals! I love you, EP!