Saturday, August 25, 2012

12. Make wood toys with the kids


Awhile ago I asked Maddie if she wanted to make something with me in the garage.  Her response was that she wanted to make a candy shelf.  I had no idea what it was so Maddie described it to me as a shelf that you put your candy shelf on.  Makes sense.  Hannah decided that if Maddie had a candy shelf then she wanted a brownie shelf.

Mom, get ready, there are a lot of pictures.

 Here is the board that we used to make the two shelves.

 Trying to figure out where to cut.
 This is how high they wanted their shelves to be.  That would be a lot of candy and brownies!


Tools for the job. They were so proud of their new hammers.


Getting ready to cut.


Maddie did a great job helping to measure.


I remember when I was young and I used to hammer nails in, I used bend them all the time.  These two girls were so patient.  I think they hit each nail about 150 times.  Now that is patience!





Look at that proud face.


 Time to paint.




We took a bike ride over to Walgreens.  Maddie wanted a shot of us on our trip over.


I told her she could pick out three things of candy.  Boy was she excited!


As an added bonus, Maddie found a penny and a nickel.  She's always on the lookout for loose change.


Here she is proudly putting her candy in it's place.


While I was with Maddie getting her candy, Hannah was making some brownies with butterscotch chips.


Hard at work.


The bonus of making brownies without any other kids...the spoon is all yours!


Happy and proud.


Brownies in place ready for eating.


Two proud girls!


Meanwhile, I couldn't leave this picture alone.  Charlie dressed himself and put his shirt on upside down.  He tried so hard, now we just have a shirt with a very stretched out neck in it.


38 goals down!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Charlie! LOL! So cute!
Thanks for the warning,EP! You know I'll always look at ALL of the pictures very carefully and multiple times! Thanks for being such a wonderful daddy for my grandchildren! I love you all!