Thursday, March 6, 2008

6 miles in the cold wind

Today's run went alright. I got up and Fox News said that it was 24° outside. I didn't check to see the wind though. It was brisk, I was glad that I had worn my scarf today. As I was running today I think it was another zoned out run for me. I don't remember much of it other than just putting one foot in front of the other and having no cars on the road at all. In my last mile a bus passed me, but that was it.
I don't have much to write about as far as any epiphanies that I had while running. I did get to thinking during a short part of my run about one of Melissa's family friends from Michigan. We found out yesterday that he was rushed to the hospital this week and was in really bad shape. Fortunately, the doctors said that he made it just in time with just a few minutes to spare. Wow! It is amazing how a few minutes can make a difference. We say we will do things in "just a few minutes," but to think about how just a few minutes can alter your life, it really is crazy how in those few minutes, so many things can happen.

No comments: