Thursday, March 27, 2008

7 Miles March 26th

Today's run went alright. Something astonishing happened on my run today...I saw another runner. It was almost weird. I have been running for a couple of months now and this was the first time this has happened in all of the miles I have encountered. (I take that back, I did see my neighbor about a month ago, but it was in the afternoon) When I saw him, I happily said "Good Morning!" He looked scared as if he was looking at the ground and jerked his head up and excitedly said, "Hey!" It was a nice way to break up the run. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will see more people.
While running today I though about being content. I thought about 1Timothy 6:6 when reading and thought about wanting to live a godly life. To live a godly life requires contentment with what I have in my life. I know that this does not mean that I can not pursue future things and have desires for a better life, it does mean that I should not spend time pondering what "The good life" would be like. I spent a very good part of my run praying for contentment and for a chance to really appreciate my life. I do. I love my life. I love what I do and I love my family. I just want more for myself at times and for my family. I look at others and think, "Boy, that would be nice." I don't think that this is all bad, but I do get caught up at times in really wanting something that I know I can't have. Toward the end of my run, I was feeling good until a private jet flew over me. I looked up at it and thought about it's passengers. I imagined what life was like for them and found myself jealous and wanting to live a life like that. A few seconds after starting to think about this, I found myself right back where I started. I know that prayer for contentment is going to be a constant thing for me and my life. I want so much, but know that God will provide for my needs.

No comments: