Friday, August 29, 2008

I bought a stock!




#76
If Matt thinks his last post was boring, get ready for this one. I bought a stock. I knew where to start but didn't really know what to do. Last spring sharebuilder.com was running a promotion that if you set up an account and purchased stock from them, you would get a $50 bonus. The stocks had to total at least $5. I signed up back then, but didn't buy the stock. The promotion still worked so I guess it is just a bonus now. I actually have no idea what I was looking for. I really was looking for a cheap stock. That was my criteria. That is it. This morning I logged on to the site and started looking.
The company Evergreen Energy Inc. caught my eye. I don't know why, it just did. I purchased 3 shares. I hope I don't find myself checking in on this company regularly to see if it gained 5 cents or lost 10. Investing $5 and looking for anything big in return is worse than playing on centsports.com. The big thing is though, I bought my stock. Shareholders meeting here I come...

2 comments:

Matt said...

Way to go... I see an early retirement in your future!

The Weis Family said...

Wow ... purchasing stock without my knowledge? And I thought we had an open relationship in which we discussed our "big purchases" first:)