Wednesday, February 27, 2008

February 25th

Today I ran 3 miles. It was a good 3 miles. I didn't know what to expect for the run. I knew that it was 11° outside, and I knew that we got a bunch of snow yesterday. I just didn't want to have more running with the roads covered in snow. That is tough running, especially when a car wants to pass. Fortunately, the roads were really clear and it didn't seem to be too cold.
I ran the whole way. The only time that I stopped running was to put a handful of mail in the mailbox that is about a mile away from home. ( I take mail with me sometimes when I am not feeling super motivated to run. That way I have to make it at least that far and back.) It was a good run. I finished with my hands above my head and ran in full trot to the front of the house.
While I was running today, I didn't really have much going on in my head. I just felt as though I was just putting one foot in front of the other. I was bored, but nothing was coming to my head. Sometimes that just happens. I would like to think that I was "in the zone" with my running, but really I was just mentally zoned out. There were a few other walkers out this morning with their dogs that I said "hi" to, but beyond that interaction, not much happened mentally for me.
My hips are starting to hurt a bit. I talked with my friend that I am running the race with about it and he showed me some stretching exercises. I hope that I am able to utilize them well and get rid of this ache. I am sure this will not be the last thing that aches in the coming months.

No comments: