Thursday, February 28, 2008

February 28th

It was a cold day. The Weather Channel said it was 2° outside. It was apparent that it was cold, but it really had no influence on how I ran today. I did quite well. I ran about 5 1/2 miles and felt great afterward. My hips are feeling pretty good, much better than yesterday. We'll still let the day go on before deciding whether my stretches paid off or not though.
As I was running I could tell that my eyebrows were beginning to frost up because it was making seeing a little difficult. It was not until I got home until I realized the full extent to which I had "frosted up." Melissa asked me if it was snowing outside. My hat was covered, my shoulders were covered and my scarf was covered. I had steamed up a "snowstorm" onto my body. It was kind of neat.
Today was my first day running with an MP3 player. I still don't know how well I did with it. I just had a mix of music on that I like, but it felt as though it was just wasting my time. As I have written earlier, I like to spend my time praying or thinking about something. As I was listening to the music, it just lulled me into a trance to run by. I don't think I got much time to think or do anything else during my run. It might sound crazy, but I want to make the most of my time while I am out there. I think I am going to download some books on tape or some podcasts and try to get some other things out of my runs. I think that might help me a little to be more productive with my time instead of running in the trance. Stay tuned, we'll see what happens.

No comments: