Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day!

It snowed again. I had to get up about a half-hour earlier than normal today to accommodate for meetings that we had for school today. I got out to do my running and knew it would be a tough run. The street hadn't been plowed and it was dark. I had three miles scheduled for today but didn't run all of them. I did two miles and finished my run with a refreshing cool down of shoveling the driveway again. It was not really the best way to start the day. I will say that the two miles that I did run went pretty well. I pushed my pace quite a bit and made it without too much of a struggle. I am going to start pushing my pace on my Wednesday and Friday runs to try to get my speed up a little. We'll see how that goes.
As I ran today I got to listen to the band FFH. They are by far my favorite Christian group. It is a nice way to start the day with motivating songs to get me going. I think I am going to start alternating between music and educational stuff from the MP3 player. I think the time that I put in running can be put to good use. With all of the hours that I spend running, I'm sure that I can "read" a bunch of books, learn another language, or listen to podcasts. I think all of those things will be a great use of the time that I spend out on the road. I'm hoping so. Tomorrow I'm going to the library to get a cd for learning Spanish to upload on to the MP3 player. I'm hoping that will be a better step to getting better at speaking Spanish.

No comments: