Friday, February 22, 2008

Good, Not Great

Today's run went well. It wasn't too cold. I started running pretty hard at the beginning, but after a mile realized that there was no way that I would make it all 3 miles at that pace. I finished the run in about 27 minutes so that isn't too bad, but it could have been better.
As I was running today I couldn't get my mind off of the fact that one of my co-workers is expecting twins. Normally when I have found out that someone is having a baby, I am excited and happy for them, but it doesn't go to the degree that I have been thinking about it over the last 24 hours. I think having twins is some sort of fraternity/sorority. Only people in the group can truly understand what it is really like. That's what I am so excited about. There is the desire to have people that you can associate with and to have people that you can consult with when a problem or situation comes up. It's exciting to know that there will be someone else at work that I can associate with, share stories with, and help support when it is needed.

No comments: