Wednesday, May 7, 2008

10 miles 5/7/08

I ran 10 miles this morning before school. My alarm went off at 4:45, I got up and was out the door a couple of minutes after 5:00. Luckily, it wasn't raining (yet). I got off to an ok start. Unfortunately about thirty minutes into the run it started raining. At about the same time that it was starting to rain, the Gold Bond wore off. Let's just say it wasn't ideal running conditions. I did ok in neighborhoods where the trees did some shielding of the rain and helped to keep the rain from falling directly on me, but out in the open it was pretty rough. I spent a little time walking today just because mentally I was having a tough time getting into the grove, but overall it went alright. This is a run that I am happy to have completed. I looked at this one as one of my toughest of the training schedule due to the fact that it is during the work week and a pretty long run. It's over, and that's all that I have to say about that.
I didn't bring the ipod because I didn't want it to get soaked during the run. I was stuck with my thoughts and there wasn't a whole lot going on in my thoughts. After the rain started I was basically counting my steps. I didn't enjoy the rain and that made the run tough. I am planning on much better weather tomorrow. 5 more miles!

No comments: