Monday, May 5, 2008

5K on Satuday, that's it

I ran a 5K on Saturday. It was territory I had never experienced before. There was definitely not a world class field. I finished third in the race, second for men. It was crazy. I always wondered the feeling of running at the lead and what it was like. To be honest, I didn't even look at the course map because I always just run behind the person in front of me. That's what I had to do with the person that finished in front of me. I didn't know where to go and we were keeping a good pace so I just kept it too. We got to a corner and didn't know which way to go (the course had some poor markings at places) so we guessed, luckily, we were right. As I came to the finish, I gave Ozzie the Cougar a high five and our Dolphin mascot as well. I didn't have the energy to try and get second place in the race. Also, the last probably 400 yards were on the sidewalk. It was not the best situation for passing. I had a good time.
After the race we had a pancake breakfast. It was fun. Melissa and the girls were there and we got to talk with plenty of people from school. It was a good time. Funny enough, there was a trophy ceremony at the end and I got one. It was rediculous. Melissa is still making fun of me. Even better, I won a raffle prize of a $50 certificate to Dick's Sporting Goods. I think I will be picking up new shoes with that some day.
This week coming is my big week in training. I've got 5 miles tomorrow, 10 on Wednesday, 5 on Thursday and 20 on Saturday. This week should be pretty interesting.

No comments: