Thursday, May 8, 2008

5 miles

Today's run was tough. I got out of bed thinking about just going back to sleep. That's not the best motivator to run 5 miles. I finally got out the door and did pretty well. My first mile was about 8:30, so I had to slow it down a bit. I am working on pacing. I just did the 5K last week and had a pretty fast pace. I need to get out of that mentality. Especially for Saturday's 20 mile run. I'm pretty nervous about that run. I do believe that I can do it and finish all of the miles. I am worried about boredom and just cheating on miles to get home. I am really going to work hard to make sure that I get it all in. I can't believe the long run is already here. It seemed like it was forever ago that I was even thinking about taking on this feat. I am really excited to be this far.
I didn't run with music again today. I spent the entire time praying for our friends that are expecting twins. They found out yesterday that they are having a boy and a girl. They got some bad news about their boy. From some of the initial screening, he showed signs of downs syndrome. She seemed in good spirits yesterday, but I can't imagine the feelings of nervous anticipation waiting for their next test. It is quite a big thing to have out of a child and I can't imagine what it is like. I have heard from other people that have said that they have gotten this diagnosis and nothing bad happened, but it is still a reality that there is a chance.
After hearing this news, when I was at home and saw my girls, I gave both of them a big hug and kiss just because I am just so proud to have the both of them.

No comments: