Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's been a while

It has been a while since I have written. I got my 12 miles in this past weekend and it went well. I didn't feel any discomfort in my body after going all week without running. I unfortunately am going down that same path this week though. I set my alarm for 6:00 this morning and woke up to Madeline laughing at 7:10. Needless to say, I didn't run today. I only had 4 miles to run today, but I am frustrated because, it was only 4 miles! I have been looking forward to the short runs for the final weeks and feel like I am going to miss them. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel any sense of guilt after not running, but I knew that I could definitely do these runs without any problem.
I was going to spend this morning working on listening to God. In our Bible study we have talked about the importance of prayer and lately we have been talking about the importance of listening to God. I have not done a good job in my prayer life of just listening for God's voice. I usually just get my normal formatted prayer in there and I am done after that. I don't spend enough time just waiting for God to speak to me. I know that in that time I have missed a call from Him. I know tomorrow when I have 6 miles to run, I will work on listening to what God has to say to me.

No comments: