Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3 cold miles

This morning was really cold. I was suprised at how cold it was when I opened the door. Weather.com said that it was 43º outside but with the wind felt like 39º. I don't think that was true, it felt much colder, especially with shorts on. I got most of it in. I think I only got 2.5 miles in, but it felt like enough.
Throughout Hal Higdon's training schedule he says that the pace you run should be one that you could comfortably hold a conversation in. I decided to test this, but added a little twist. I wanted to see how well I could sing while running. I know, it sounds rediculous, and it was. I was singing a few of the songs that we sang at church on Sunday morning. I was able to sing the songs pretty well. I was suprised at how well it came out. There were definitely a few notes that I didn't hit, but for the most part I did alright. It was a neat little test to try out. I had fun doing it too. It helped for a little while to forget just how cold it was while I was out there. I've got two more training runs before the big "race." I am excited to get those over with.

No comments: