Friday, May 30, 2008

Almost finished

I've got a long way to go, but I have come a long way. Yesterday when I finished my 2 mile run, I did it with a smile the whole way. It is a crazy feeling looking at the 18 week schedule that I had and to think that I did it. I remember looking at it at the beginning and thinking about how long away it would be before I actually finished. I also remember thinking about how hard it was going to be along the way. It has been hard. I have been tired for quite some time and really have wanted this training and race to just be here. It is here now. That is a good thing and an exciting thing.
Melissa is picking me up from school and we are heading straight to South Bend. It is supposed to be raining the whole way. Luckily, the weather cleared up for tomorrow morning and it looks like there won't be any precipitation. I'm glad for that. I lucked out by not having any real big rains when I was training and I am glad to not have to do the big race with any rain falling. I'm also happy because without rain, Melissa and the girls will be able to enjoy the day a little better.
I got bad news from my friend Rob. He's not going to be able to run. As of right now, he thinks that his leg might have a slight break to it. He doesn't have a doctor appointment set up quite yet, but he's getting it checked out. I worried about this when he told me that he hurt it. I don't know if waiting changed whether he would have ran or not, but I know that he has been in pain for weeks and that could have been avoided.
Tomorrow is the big day. I am sure I will have plenty to write about when I'm all finished.

No comments: