Saturday, April 12, 2008

16 miles

Rain - terrible, Wind - terrible, Temp - terrible, run - finished. The weather was not nice outside, but I knew that I had to run so I just went for it. It didn't start out too bad, but about half-way through the run, it just got nasty outside. I was verbally cheering myself on to go. It helped a lot. I don't know if I would employ that strategy during the race though. When I got home, Melissa and Hannah were cheering me on in the window. That was a great way to finish my run.
During my run I thought about a few things. The first one was a line from an Eve6 song. I know, they don't have too many spiritual type quotes, but this one stuck out. I don't know the name of the song, but in the song the line is "If I could frame my mind, where would it hang." I don't know what context this is in for the song, but I thought about it in terms of if I could put all of my thoughts and everything that goes along with them up for people to see, where would it be and what would it say. That is a powerful thought. I then thought about the whole WWJD campaign. Jesus always knows my mind and what is going on. I was moved thinking about that today. I thought about how I would be embarrassed at times if my friends or others knew what I was thinking, but God always knows. How is that for embarrassing?
The second half of my run I thought about something that we read in Matthew 9. In this chapter Jesus is spending his time with tax collectors and other people that are considered sinners. The priests condemn Jesus for spending time with these people and Jesus rebukes them by telling them that it is the sick that need the help, not the healthy. My friend Jay talked about how we all spend so much time together but don't get out and spend time with non-Christians that much. I disagreed because I probably see more non-Christians at work each day than I see Christians. The problem is that we are wrapped up in so many other things that we fail to see how we can make an influence on those that are around us each day. I don't know what I am going to do with this information, but I know sitting on my hands is not going to make the difference.

No comments: