Monday, April 7, 2008

April 7

I did get my 15 miles in on Saturday. I strayed a little too far away from my water and had to walk for a bit to get to it. It was scary. I got dizzy and sweat was starting to get into my eyes. After getting my drink, I had 3 miles left and did just fine. As I was getting back to my house, my neighbor Sharyn was just leaving and she stopped to chat. She was impressed at how I was able to talk so easily with no real problems with breathing. I didn't think about it until she said it, but I thought it was pretty cool.
As I ran, I just sang praise songs. We have been doing a study with our small group titled Too busy not to pray by Bill Hybels. Last week we talked about praising God. I think we all decided that in our every day lives we don't spend enough time really praising God for how mighty and wonderful he is. After thinking about how I praise God, I have really made a hard effort to think about how wonderful God really is. I have been singing praise songs that go all the way back to church camp when I was in elementary school (Building Block anyone?). It is amazing how much your outlook changes when you are walking into a store singing praise songs imagining heaven. It just makes the day go so much better with your perspective being toward godly things rather than just going through the motions. I am definitely going to continue this routine.

No comments: