Thursday, April 10, 2008

8 down to 6

Today was supposed to be 8 miles. Instead I made it 6. The reason, it was really windy, cold, and most importantly, it was raining. I was amazed that I made it 6 miles. It was horrible outside.
I had no thoughts while running. It was basically a put one foot in front of the other. When I got home, I read Matthew 8. I wish I could have been Jesus during my run and stopped the wind and the rain so I could have run in comfort. Unfortunately though, those things can't happen. Sometimes we have to go through the tough times to get to where we want to go. Today, I had to run in the rain. I did it, not all of it, but at least most of it. I am not Jesus, I know that I will have struggles often in what I do. Even through those struggles, I know that Jesus is there and can do all things for me if I need him to. I need to have the faith that the centurian had in chapter 8 when he told Jesus, "Just give the order for my servant to be healed and it will be done." Prayers or requests do not get answered as quickly as they did in this passage, but God does have the power to do all things. That is something I need to always remember.

No comments: